Spaces to Create and Design

 I just love this time of year so much. We set up our porch every year with colored cushions, beautiful wood furniture, and colorful rugs. One of the things I enjoy most is sitting on our porch, looking out at our property taking in the fresh air, and reflecting. I look forward to placing freshly picked flowers from our gardens to put on our table. Flowers always brighten up space and make remarkable centerpieces. 

I enjoy sitting on our porch often and knit. This special place gives me so much peace and time to restart as well. Being a teacher is wonderful and I find so much joy in my work. Knitting gives me a similar joy. I think that our passions help us develop interests that are beneficial, bring joy, and invite innovation. 

A few years ago I made a connection with my passion for knitting with coding. When this happened, it was like a bright light went off in my mind. I began teaching coding in different ways and through helping my students code and learn this new language, I was learning alongside them too. 
Creating patterns is code and it has helped me bridge connections with my knitting. These experiences I have had as a knitter have given me many opportunities to challenge my thinking and the ability to improve my knitting skills. I think about how important it is for me to create things that bring others joy, are useful and help promote the idea of sustainability. Thanks for reading and viewing my work.


Comments